We are keeping busy to get things ready for Barcelona’s Mobile World Congress and I would like to share the venues that I will be attending should you be interested in meeting there:
- Sun, Feb 23 – Cocktail Party held by UBM Tech’s Light Reading and Heavy Reading teams.
- Mon, Feb 24-27 – Alcatel-Lucent’s booth at Mobile World Congress: Where Mobile Meets Cloud – Cloud Communications Platform – demo station 2A.
- Wed, Feb 26 – Conference and dinner organized by the Society of Telecommunications Consultants.
Please note that all of the above are “by invitation only” events and I will be glad to meet somewhere else if there were no scheduling conflicts with already planned activities.
These are just a couple pictures taken at last year’s MWC:
- Left: customer meeting discussing network functions virtualization.
- Right: ALU’s MWC team dedicated to cloud computing solutions for network operators – IMS demonstration powered by CloudBand.
And here is an example of the kind of feedback we received:
“The company [Alcatel-Lucent] provided strong evidence that its multiyear development of a cloud portfolio is bearing fruit in two key areas: a cloud management system that can encompass management of service provider NFV elements, and a distributed cloud node that can be deployed as a “cloud in a box” close to the source of demand (…) these developments were far ahead of service provider focused cloud solutions by other suppliers.” – Michael Sullivan-Trainor, Executive Analyst – Networking and Mobility Practice at TBR.
See you in my home town ; )