Apply here: NOKIA JOBS – SUMMER INTERNSHIP
Nokia Corporation is a Fortune Global 500 and a multinational communications and information technology enterprise founded in 1865. There are in excess of 100,000 Nokians worldwide working on a wide variety of leading edge technologies. Nokia Bell Labs involves some of the industry’s best and brightest minds working on game changing innovations. We are headquartered in Espoo, Finland and are a public limited-liability company listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki, Euronext Paris and New York Stock Exchange.
Interns at the Nokia Studio will undertake a variety of human centered research and hands-on design responsibilities for an ongoing commercial and high impact industry project in the Mission Control and Operations Center sector with the support of a Senior Creative Director.
Entrepreneurial initiative, teamwork, communication and presentation skills are key to a successful internship experience, which entails interaction with other interns and senior leaders at Nokia Software and Bell Labs.
Given the cross-functional nature and scope of work this position also involves:
– Interaction with other global functions and departments.
– Gathering, analyzing and synthesizing information.
– Participating in regular meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS: Currently pursuing undergraduate and graduate students in Design, Engineering or Business with relevant course work on “any” of the following disciplines:
- Design Thinking
- Design Strategy
- User Research
- Industrial Anthropology
- Industry Research
- Market Research
- Business Intelligence & Analytics
- Business Process Mapping
- Behavioral Economics
- Business Model Innovation
- Process Mining with Machine Learning
- Recommender Systems
- Service Design
- Systems Engineering
- Statistical Quality Control
- Creative Technology – Prototype Development
- Low Code Platforms – Visual Programming
- Graphical User Interface Design
- Data Visualization
- Digital Interaction Design
- Human Factors Engineering
- Human Systems Integration
- Human in the Loop Computing
- Human Dynamics
- Affective Computing
Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud, or equivalent productivity and design tools preferred.
- Location – NOKIA CTC, Chicago Technology Center – Naperville Campus
- Duration – full time 10 week program
- Dates – starting on June 3th, ending August 9th
- Salary – based on hourly rates
- Relocation – one time lump sum, certain conditions apply
- Business expenses covered – new state of the art equipment and field research trips, which can include traveling to other states and customer facing activities
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Did you know?
- Much of the country’s internet traffic is running through the Chicago area.
- Some of the world’s largest data centers are also located here as a result.
- Chicagoland is home of prestigious National Labs: Fermilab and Argonne.
- Argonne is building the most powerful supercomputers in the world.
- One of Chicago’s 20+ start-up incubators, 1871, has become the world’s #1.
- And there is plenty of good talent coming out of well known universities.
Besides… the Midwest compares to California not only in population size, but also in the number of patents, which makes Illinois, jointly with Minnesota, Ohio and Michigan, a global innovation leader.
Last but not least… Naperville is featured as one of the ‘Best Cities to Raise a Family in America’ and ‘Best Cities to Live in America’ for 2018. Naperville achieved the No. 1 and No 2 respectively. Naperville also came out on top in the lists of ‘Cities with the Best Public Schools in America’ and ‘Safest Cities in America.’ – Chicago Tribune.
NOKIA CTC, Chicago Technology Center – Naperville Campus
2000 Lucent Lane. Naperville, IL 60563